Why Back Orifice 2000 Rocked So Much! ~ Ask The Admin

Saturday, February 09, 2008

Why Back Orifice 2000 Rocked So Much!

I remember back to when Windows 98 machines were getting pwned left and right to the mighty Back Orifice. That was a great play on the old Microsoft Back Office Suite - get it??


For those of you who were 1337 back then you knew port 31337 was used to remotely control your machine with this app. It had some legitimate uses but it flooded out onto the hacker scene and became synonymous with a Trojan horse.

I was reminiscing and surfing the web and I came upon a picture from a chat log showing someone getting pwned and BAD! I chuckled and was about to move on when I saw a younger version of one of my fraternity brothers!

Holy fucking shit this was the funniest thing I ever saw.

I called him up and said:

...name with held due to begging... did you ever get hit by a hacker who posted pictures of you? He laughed it off. He kept laughing until he got my email with these two pictures.

They say a picture is worth a thousands words but these two are worth a million laughs... Have a glimpse to back when being 1337 really meant being 1337!

Owned1

That text box says: Hi, I know we haven't talked before. This is your computer. Since I see everything in your room, I thought I'd throw you a few pointers. First, put on a shirt. PLEASE. Second, you got a nice girl lying there on your bed and you're sitting there looking like a goon on the computer. Come on.

Don't be gay.

Owned2

The best part about this is he tried to pull the I was a hacker when I was younger card! I love the Internet. More importantly I love watching people get pwned - consider this a permanent record of your getting pwned for the world to see.

The app is still available here and here is an updated version of BackOrrice 2k for XP I have not tried yet (so downloaders beware).

_TheStillLaughingAdmiN_