I am tired of people asking me how to do mundane tasks in office 2007 because they don't understand the new UI.
If you are here to figure out how to use the new file types in older versions going back to 97, keep reading and hit the link below.
I guess Microsoft is tired of answering questions on their hot lines as well because they put out these tutorials on the new-ish office suite.
For shame...For Shame! But get to learning...
Here is the patch to allow older versions of office to open the fancy smancy docx xlsx and any of the new other odd balls... Hit this link here.
- Up to speed with Word 2007
- Up to speed with Excel 2007
- Up to speed with Access 2007
- Up to speed with the 2007 Office system
- Keyboard shortcuts in the 2007 Office system
- Up to speed with Outlook 2007
- Up to speed with PowerPoint 2007
Edit: Here is some more relevant information for your reading pleasure:
- Reference: Locations of Word 2003 commands in Word 2007
- Word Ribbon mapping workbook
- Reference: Locations of Excel 2003 commands in Excel 2007
- Excel Ribbon mapping workbook
- Reference: Locations of PowerPoint 2003 commands in PowerPoint 2007
- PowerPoint Ribbon mapping workbook
- Reference: Locations of Access 2003 commands in Access 2007
- Access Ribbon mapping workbook
- Reference: Locations of Outlook 2003 commands in Outlook 2007
- Outlook Ribbon mapping workbook