Is there a way to change cApITaLIzATiON automatically so I dont have to go back and retype in Word? ~ Ask The Admin

Monday, March 31, 2008

Is there a way to change cApITaLIzATiON automatically so I dont have to go back and retype in Word?

So you have an OVERZEALOUS ADMIN WHO LIKES USING CAPS LOCK?

How About Someone That Capitalizes Every Word In A Sentence?

Does That Bother You? Need To Change ALL CAPS to all lowercase?

Don't retype it use this quick key combo...


Go ahead select some text in any app that uses Word as its editor. That's Word, Power Point and Outlook (if you use word as your editor) Next hit this key combo -

Shift and F3.

It will cycle through three possibilities of Capitalization :
  • Initial Letter Case (Normal first letter of a sentence capitalized)
  • ALL CAPS CASE
  • all lower case
So, if you have selected some text like:

“i LoveS mE soMe AsKtheAdmiN

each time you press Shift+F3 you’ll see it switch between “I LOVES ME SOME ASKTHEADMIN” and “i loves me some asktheadmin” and “I loves me some asktheadmin”.

However! If you add some punctuation (like a period) at the end of what’s selected, instead of using Initial Letter Case, it’ll only capitalize the first letter of the sentence. So “I wiN!” will toggle between “I WIN!” and “i win!” and “I win!” (and not ever show “I Win!”). [Via Zeigen]

_TheHatesCapsAdmiN_