Is there a foldable keyboard I can carry with my laptop? ~ Ask The Admin

Monday, March 31, 2008

Is there a foldable keyboard I can carry with my laptop?

The good folks over at Matias send us their Matias Folding Keyboard. When it is unfolded you have yourself a full sized keyboard at your disposal. Its full size is 18 x 5 inches. When you decide to fold and store the keyboard it shrinks to a 10 x 5 inch size.

I really liked its form factor and weight but I was unable to use it in my lap like I had hoped for (without hacking it a little). You see she kept folding up on me when I tried to type. So I added a make shift latch to the bottom that keeps it locked in place.

It is the right size for the job but it needs to be tweaked a little. What do you guys think? Do you use your laptop keyboard? Do you have other similar gadgets that you like?

Overall it is a good idea not VERY expensive at $60.00 and I know a few people that will be very happy by its existence but guys for $70 couldn't you have thrown in a track pad? That would definitely make it worth $70 and maybe even $85! Hey how do you get a patent anyway...


_TheMobileAdmiN_