By default your windows XP machine shows the Printers and Faxes share along with the Scheduled Tasks folder. You can make use of the scheduled tasks folder like this or use a remote printer share to quickly install a remote printer.
Some people like this, most people don't use it and a few people REALLY hate it. So here is a quick how-to on peacing it out:
To hide the Scheduled Tasks from the network share view, follow these steps:
- Click Start, Run and type REGEDIT
- Navigate to the following key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Explorer \RemoteComputer \ NameSpace
- Backup the key by exporting it to a .REG file. (You need this to revert back!)
- To remove Scheduled Tasks, delete the following key:
- To remove the Printers folder, delete the following key:
- Close Registry Editor.