Dell Precision M6300 - The unboxing of the mobile workstation ~ Ask The Admin

Sunday, October 07, 2007

Dell Precision M6300 - The unboxing of the mobile workstation

dell precision m6300 ask the admin After some hubbub and waiting on Fed-Ex I finally got my Dell Precision M6300 to review. The FedEx guy handed me the box and immediately I felt how seriously massive this machine was.


Dell™ Home Notebooks



I quickly brought it inside and started the unboxing ritual as you can see from the pictures below. This monster of a laptop is sporting a 17 inch 1920x1200 screen and an NVIDIA Quadro FX1600M OpenGL graphics card. This bad boy is serious! Wow that screen looks beautiful!

After using the Dell X1, with its 12 inch screen, for so long this thing feels massive on my lap. The screen feels like I am working on a normal flat panel monitor. I went to go plug this guy in and noticed the huge power brick. Again the M6300 is not playing around.


dell precision m6300 ask the admin
This lappie rocks a 2.8 Ghz, 64-bit Core 2 Duo Extreme Edition X7900 processor from Intel in combination with that beautiful screen this laptop is a powerhouse.

Our demo unit has a 80 gig 7200RPM mechanical hard drive but you can opt for the 32GB solid-state drive instead. We got a DVD-RW with ultra speed but you can opt for a Blu-ray writable optical drive. The built-in card reader supports SD, MMC and MS Pro's. The finger print reader is handy for those who need extra security.

dell precision m6300 ask the admin
For all you mobile fans you can cop a internal AT&T 3.5G/HSDPA card. But be prepared to crack open your wallet and fork over a nice chunk of change starting at $2417 $1959. Seeming this lappie is more powerful then my current desktop - the word desktop replacement comes to mind.


Dell™ Home Notebooks


dell precision m6300 ask the admin
We will be giving it a solid going over with our hands-on use over the next week and report back with our final verdict. But I am beginning to think I will have a hard time going back to my little X1! I am going to load up Photoshop CS3, blog as usual, watch a few flicks, download and do all my normal day to day activities from this beauty for the week. So if you are thinking of buying this laptop and have questions - now is the time to ask! Check out the updating Flickr set here.

dell precision m6300 ask the admindell precision m6300 ask the admin









_TheDemoingAdmiN_