Can I access New York Times content for FREE? ~ Ask The Admin

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Can I access New York Times content for FREE?

Normally I would push you to a website or firefox plugin with group passwords like from bugmenot for access to NYT premium content. Not anymore, because The New York Times will stop charging for premium content. I figured this was going to happen a long time ago but, better late than never! Right? They will give up their subscription fees even though it raked in over Ten Million bucks a year.

This wasn't enough for the big ballers @ the Times. Ad revenue dwarfs this amount so they add more people to show more ads to and increase their rates. They saw Millions of hits come to their site via search engines and hit the user name / password screen and leave. Don't you think it is a great idea to let your readers get what they want - and your advertisers get the reader base.

This is a great move on their part and will be a resource I will use more often - again. I say again because I used to use it in college when they gave us a user name and password.

What do you think? Will you use their service more now?

TheNewYorkAdmiN