No matter how big your hard drive is, it will always get to the point where you need to make some more room for something else. On today's post I will go over a few great tools to cleanup programs and other junk files from your computer. Great M$ Alternatives for free for you and yours!
- Works much faster then MS's disk cleanup utility
- Knows many popular 3rd party applications and cleanup after them (temporary downloaded updates of antivirus, temp files of Java and lots more.
- Note the option to remove Hotfix Uninstallers under the Advanced section. every MS update that get installed saves an uninstaller for itself. after a few dozens of updates it can grow up to hundreds of precious Megabytes.
- Use the Issues tool to cleanup your registry from obsolete information. try to run the Scan a few times until you get no issues left.
Just a few important tips before you start deleting stuff:
- If you're not sure what it is - keep it. or better- Google it and then decide what to do.
- A system restore point before the cleanup is advised.
- Read the above two tips again! Still unsure? Post before you do it! The Comments are your Friends!