Great Blogger Outage of 2007! AskTheAdmin is Down – So you are probably not reading this! ~ Ask The Admin

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Great Blogger Outage of 2007! AskTheAdmin is Down – So you are probably not reading this!


Update we are back up @ 1:38 For real this time! We are going to start our back up now! Sorry For Any Inconvenience Admins! Stay tuned on how to back up your Blogger blog!

So I am on my admin console (9:42am 8/22/07) from http://www.asktheadmin.com/ when I see a pink bar saying:

Could not connect to Blogger.com. Saving and publishing may fail. Test connection now.
I Click and Get: Contacting Blogger.com...

I tried, and I tried until I could try no more. I started pinging and open up web consoles. All the servers are up but the website returned a 502 Server Error. Goooooooogle!!! What did you do? Who flocked what up? We were supposed to be down for scheduled maintenance on 8/20 at 4pm. I saw no outage then! It might be time to grab that dedicated server… What do you guys think? Where were you when AskTheAdmin and Blogger went down?

It is 9:50 and we are still down.

9:59 Typing in MS Word has become strange to me and I feel slightly disconnected.

10:10 Wow Still Down…

10:48 We are Back Baby… But for how long?????

10:53 Blogger is flakey giving error messages about Blogger Issues

10:54 Backup in Progress Now!

10:55 Backup failed back down! But I Can publish!

10:59 Back up this is getting tiring!

11:01 New Error intermitent failures:

Blogger and Blog*Spot are unavailable

Blogger and Blog*Spot are unavailable right now. We apologize for this interruption in service.

Details:
Blogger is undergoing brief maintenance and will return in a few minutes.



11:04 Site loads every other time. in betwen we get the above error message.

12:04 Site take 5-6 refreshes to load

12:30 Admin console works after you get to it.

12:45 Foreign People get to the site no problem - issues with google's USA mirror servers?