How Can I Access My REAL User Control Panel On My XP Home Machine?? ~ Ask The Admin

Saturday, August 11, 2007

How Can I Access My REAL User Control Panel On My XP Home Machine??

So you need to get to the REAL user control panel on a XP Home SP2 machine? Yes Microsoft locked this down and only give you rudimentary access via the control panel if you upgraded past SP1..

But that has never stopped AtA from putting you on before - Right?! Here it is early Saturday morning and reader Leslie is fiending to get at this cotrol panel. And why shouldn't she be able to - it is her machine after all. And If you are not part of a domain we really don't have a good reason for you to need the more expensive XP Pro! Lets start by going to the start menu then clicking run and typing control userpasswords2 like so:




This is the console you should get...




Viola! You now have your normal user control panel that you would have never seen on XP home! You can change the administrators password and add users normally. Share your tips with us in the comments!