Support office 2007 without a copy? Use this live demo to help you through the options. ~ Ask The Admin

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Support office 2007 without a copy? Use this live demo to help you through the options.

I know a lot of you Admins out there in Admin land support products that you don't have installed on your own desktop. Sure you can remote desktop into a machine or fire up a VM but this is so elegant it is a HUGE surprise that it's from Microsoft.

This issue was mine. I support Office 2007 and run Office 2003 for a bunch of reasons. Now walking someone through disabling an add-on or changing some preferences / options can be a real challenge. Especially when I have to keep saying...

"So why don't you tell me what you see on your screen..."

Instead you can fire up this link and launch a free live version of any Office 2007 component. It's actually pretty fricking cool...



Now I can go back to my monotoned voice saying... "Left click tools.... Left click options... Find the preference that say...

Anyone else find this nifty? Have you never ever used Office 2007? Want to give it a test drive? Don't worry about crashing launch it in your browser... But before you get any, snarky "Will this replace my office install for me" questions the answer is NO. This Still is M$ after all!

_The2007AdmiN_