Can I move my system tray icons around? ~ Ask The Admin

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Can I move my system tray icons around?

Normally I am all for customizing your computer or desktop environment... But sometimes end users requests are kind of... Um... Ah...

Strange to say the least!

I used to kind of shrug my shoulders and say... Why? But I have learned the error of my ways in the past... When they actually tell me why.

So I just try to appease them as long as we won't be harming any machines.

Reader Courtney writes in that she hates the order of her system tray icons. She wants to rearrange them.

Is this something I am interested in doing?

Nope.

But maybe you are! Who knows?

We found Courtney a freeware application called TaskBar Shuffle right off the bat this program said it could do what we needed it to do. Simply move icons around in a drag and drop fashion.
Guess what it worked! Does this float your boat?


Here is what the authors site has to say about TaskBar Shuffle:

Taskbar Shuffle is a simple, small, free utility that lets you drag and drop your Windows taskbar buttons to rearrange them. Here’s a full feature list:

  • Reorder your taskbar buttons by dragging and dropping them
  • Reorder your tray icons in the same way
  • Reorder tasks in a grouped button's popup menu in the same way
  • Middle-click to close programs on your taskbar
  • Works with UltraMon taskbars
  • Tweak taskbar button grouping

If you run more than a few applications at a time, you'll definitely find Taskbar Shuffle useful, so give it a try!



Do you have a nifty free application you want to share with our readers? Hit us up in the comments!


_TheConfuzzledAdmiN_