Leopard: Is there a high contrast dock replacement option? ~ Ask The Admin

Thursday, November 01, 2007

Leopard: Is there a high contrast dock replacement option?

There sure is and Quicksilver over at InsideMacGames.com puts us on this morning:

Over the past couple of days, I've talked to a lot of people who aren't pleased with Leopard's new dock--interestingly, some them were actually annoyed enough to go through the pains of tweaking the Dock in order to make it better fit their idea of how the Dock should be. After seeing some of their ideas, I decided to try my hand at "modding" Leopard's dock. Here's what I came up with:

High Contrast (New)




Low Contrast (Old)



High Contrast
If you have a chance, let me know what you think! If you want this dock for your own, you can send me a donation at--just kidding. The zipped file, available below, contains the new dock images, instructions, and Apple's original image files in case you want to restore the dock to its original hue.

Enjoy!


Note: I had trouble finding a place to put this file (I kind of doubt that Tuncer would approve of putting this archive--as small as it is--up on MGF), but thankfully, I finally figured out how to use my old Earthlink account's convoluted WebLife online storage. w00t!