Can you keep my coffee hot while I help the end losers? ~ Ask The Admin

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Can you keep my coffee hot while I help the end losers?

Excuse me while I vent a little. I hate it when I come into the office with a nice hot cup of $6.00 coffee and someone manages to drag me over to their cube or office to "Show Me Something" instead of just explaining it. We do speak the same language and all - I think so at least.

Well this little do-hickey I just ordered from ThinkGeek should put an end to my ice cold hot coffee and my luke warm iced cold drink. It is a simple little USB Warmer/Cooler that will keep whatever is placed on it ...

Are you paying attention?

Yes?

Warm or Cold?

I am glad you are still with us.


It's perfect and it's simple - a hotplate powered by USB keeps your coffee warm. But if Alton Brown has taught us anything is that we hate a single-use tool. That, and, sometimes we like our caffeine served cold. No problem, 'cause we've got you covered!

Just flip a switch, and the hot-plate turns into a peltier device, quickly cooling to 45 degrees Fahrenheit (7 degrees Celcius). Sweet! By maintaining optimum temperatures for your caffeine delivery system, you can enjoy increased work productivity and nice twitchy gaming reflexes.

Just know that it's not powerful enough to chill a room temperature drink, or warming cold coffee - that kind of ability is sneaking dangerously close to x-factor mutant ability! It will, however, delay the inevitable march towards room temperature.

Shiny and jet-black, so it also looks wicked-cool on your desktop.

Features

  • Connection via USB
  • Coldplate chills to 45˚F
  • Hotplate warms to 120˚F
  • Helps keeps your beverage at optimum temperature
  • USB cable length: 2 feet
  • Power consumption: 5.75W
  • Dimensions: 5.25" x 3.25" x 1.4"
  • Bawls and Coffee not included
[Product Page from ThinkGeek]

_TheLovinHotCoffeeAdmiN_