Can I Make My PC More Like A Mac? ~ Ask The Admin

Saturday, October 06, 2007

Can I Make My PC More Like A Mac?

pc mac ask the admin AskTheAdmin knows some of its readers are still a little confused if they are Mac Fan Boys or Windows Fan Boys or hate both and worship the little penguin. We get questions like the one from Little Lisa in Idaho asking if there is a way to add some Mac love to her XP machine. Just to be clear she is really just looking for a dock like experience for Windows.

So when our good friend posted this application that gives your Windows machine some cool Mac like features... We just had to share. Check it out:

While stumbling (Edit: Stumble Upon Rocks!) across the Internet on Friday I came across a cool free little task bar that acts just like a Mac, but this is for Windows!

This task bar is called ObjectDock by Stardock. It places a small task bar with a number of pre-configured launchers at the bottom of your screen. You can also choose where the dock goes, and can move it to the top or the sides of the screen.The launchers themselves, just like on a Mac, expand and zoom in as you mouse over them, which in itself is a really cool effect.


Also, if there are applications you use all the time, you can create new launchers for them and either use custom icons for the launchers, or do a quick search for the original one. ObjectDock will take the original icons and enlarge them to match the rest of of the launchers on the dock.I set my Windows workstation up much like I have my Ubuntu now. the ObjectDock is at the bottom with all of my launchers, and I have moved my Windows Taskbar to the top of my screen and set it to auto hide.If you want to check it out for yourselves, here are a couple of screenshots. Enjoy!

So now you too can be operating system confused and try to have the best of both worlds. Thanks El Di Pablo! What features do you love about your OS? 90% of you guys are running Windows in some form or another, 4% Mac and 5% Ubuntu and 1% Other...

OH NOS! DONT FORGET ABOUT OUR NERO 8 GIVEAWAY!! GET YOUR FREE COPY TODAY!

_The3rdPartyAdmiN_

Adapted from a post on http://www.bauer-power.net