What should I use for a mobile RSS reader on my WM device? ~ Ask The Admin

Monday, September 24, 2007

What should I use for a mobile RSS reader on my WM device?

This post should start by informing you that I consider myself an RSS addict. I need my information and it doesn't matter if I am mobile or in front of a computer... I need to be connected.


I have been using RSS on my mobile phone for along time now. It seems like I have tried every different mobile RSS reader out there. They all claim to be the best of the best and of course better than the competition. After many trials and tribulations I have narrowed this list down to one application that seems to work on all mobile platforms. I don't know about you but most of my friends use it as well. Is this because I push the product? No they see me using it and ask me about it. I haven't had anyone that inquired about it not wind up using it. There are a few different versions that seem to cover ALL the mobile platforms.


The application is Egress, this is a small lightweight application that does almost everything I want it to do. Egress allows for import and export of an OPML file (Dont know what this is? We will cover it later today!), image and pod cast downloading, clipping articles and so much more. The best part of all is the feed actually looks like it is supposed to look - SCORE! I have my Egress set to sync up every 2 hours and whenever i connect it to my desktop. It has been a long time since i got stuck with out any thing to read on the train! Egress devours RSS and Atom feeds leaving no feed left behind. I can use the joggr on my Windows Mobile device to hit up those feeds one handed and share articles with my friends.

The BIGGEST problems I had with other applications was their ability to freeze up my device. Now that is the one thing I can not tolerate - when an application makes my phone unusable. So feel safe in the fact that i have not had Egress crash on me once. Don't get me wrong every now an again it will choke on a feed but, Egress skips the feed after a default time out and moves on.
This application costs $13.00 and has a free trial that will get you hooked! It was written by Garish Kernels who provides his own customer service - and is wonderful! Hit that link for the download.

_TheRssAddictedAdmiN