Can I save and view an online flash file? Bonus NEW Family Guy Video and how to convert a FLV! ~ Ask The Admin

Friday, September 21, 2007

Can I save and view an online flash file? Bonus NEW Family Guy Video and how to convert a FLV!


A bunch of our readers happen to be big fans of the Gizmodo's Jason Chen AND happen to be HUGE Family Guy fans... Go figure Right?

Well Jason was bashing Family Guy this morning but put up an AWESOME clear clip of Lois and a pseudo Cleavland R2D2 with a bit of a tech support issue.


Hmmm... The video is embedded flash.... Now if I wanted to save that, what the hell would I do? As you can see by the clip below we did not have much of a problem snatching it up for our selves.


In FireFox I hit up Tools --- Page Info -- Media and scroll through the list and find the media file. No SWF files? Ah there is one but it is just a player. So how the hell are we going to find the file then? The power of the search.

I scanned my machine for all new files in the last 10 minutes and found the file in my temporary Internet files. it was called New_Family_Guy_import_video_file.flv. As you can see in this case it is a .flv file. If you want to just watch it again you can use our favorite media viewer, VLC, or you could convert it to a AVI or MPG with this free tool called Riva FLV encoder here from Download.com.

I wanted to sound off but it appears my comments were not being accepted... I can log in using my commenter account (which we HATE BTW) but my comments do not appear. Censorship in its worst form... The kind that censors ME! Don't fuks with our Family Guy, The Simpsons or Futurama... Not in that particular order or so help me jebus.... What happened Chen, you used to be cool?

_TheAnimatedAdmiN_