I got a brand new Dell why can't I play my AVI files on it?? What Gives?!!? ~ Ask The Admin

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

I got a brand new Dell why can't I play my AVI files on it?? What Gives?!!?

Calm down killer.... Don't get your panties all ruffled! You can watch your precious AVI's but you need a codec to play them. Just like you need a codec to watch a DVD - Except that comes built in with your DVD software. A codec is simply software that allows your application to render the media file. Even if you don't understand that you can fix yourself up by grabbing the K-Lite Codec Pack. The download is small and the install painless..


Hit this link to get the all in one K-Lite Codec Pack 3.3.0 Full.

This will give you support for almost all the major files mainly DIVX and XVID. They release updated packs all the time - So this is where The Admin goes when he downloads a little something something and then realizes he can't watch it.


What are you waiting for go update and try and play all those old downloaded files of ummm yeah national geographic specials...


_theAdmin_