Mac Tip: Get information on that downloaded file. ~ Ask The Admin

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Mac Tip: Get information on that downloaded file.

I don't know about you sometimes we find files that were downloaded weeks ago and wonder where they came them. Usually on my PC I just shrug my shoulders open it up and see.



Well, it turns out that OS X has this little known feature built-in. You just have to select the file and hit "Command-I". It will display the info as usual. You can then click on the arrow at the left of "More Info". The "Where from" option will appear with the URL of where you got the file. The only thing I noticed is that it seems to work only when you download the file with Safari. It doesn't look like Camino or Firefox records that info.

Remember if you already de-compress your archives this wont work - it needs to be the file downloaded.

_TheWhatchaKnowAdmiN_