What do you guys know about IP over Power Lines? ~ Ask The Admin

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

What do you guys know about IP over Power Lines?

power adapter plugSo we have a question from Angela out in New Jersey and she writes in:

"Hey there Admin,

I would like to find out if I can use these IP over Power adapters? How easy is it and are there any restrictions. Can it be dangerous? To me physically or my equipment?

I live in a 2 family house and have my circuit breaker on my floor. Will the neighbors be able to see my lan? Are there any safeguards like WEP? How far can this go? I have some outlets on my circuit in the backyard and by the pool as well. Could i have a networked tivo out there using this?

Needs Help In New Jersey"


Ethernet over power line
I haven't worked with this technology at all but I have some buddies that are using it - anyone out there have any experiences they would like to share with the rest of the group?

Recommendations on brands anyone? Bueller?

Bueller?

Post your replies in the comments!

+TheAdmiN+