Are Vista's annoying ARE YOUR SURE prompts getting you down? Well turn them off!! ~ Ask The Admin

Friday, June 15, 2007

Are Vista's annoying ARE YOUR SURE prompts getting you down? Well turn them off!!

This goes against Microsoft's Better judgment but these pop up boxes are killing me softly:

vista permisiion promptTurn these warnings off by going to the control panel and type USER ACCOUNT into the search field and you will see Turn UAC On/Off. That is the simple button that has been causing me to hate vista for the last few days or so as i was testing some new software on it.

Turn it off and then navigate over to control panel security center to turn off the annoying red X next to the time. This is alerting you that you have done something to compromise system security... yadi yadi yada...

vista notification switchPick that last option and your red X goes away... Now obviously I don't recommend you do this on everyone's PC but from an ADMIN's standpoint when I am making changes on my machines YES I AM SURE!... Its not like one of the settings is TERMINATE LIFE SUPPORT or something like that... Yes Hal I'm coming...

_TheAdmiN_